Misunderstandings create additional stress when the person you are trying to communicate with does not get what you are saying. You can improve your odds of being understood by following these 5 tips.
1. Be clear in your own mind what you are wanting to accomplish.
2. Be calm when you present your point of view.
3. Use straightforward language that clearly explains what you mean.
4. Give your message without worrying about how they are going to react, it is not your responsibility.
5. Repeat your message again and clarify that they have understood it as you intended.