Due to the current situation, in person appointments are paused. I am available for telephone and online appointments through a secure and easy platform which can be booked at Living Wellness Centre or by calling 1-604-535-3335, you may also contact me directly at email@example.com
If you are finding yourself in; fight, flight, anxious, irritable, tired, or scared mind/body work, hypnotherapy and calm support can help you rebalance, ground yourself and manage what you can.
How to rewire our brain’s old technology and feel safe during this time of uncertainty.
Our brain is amazing on so many levels yet at heart, it is primitive technology like a Commodore 64 versus a present-day Mac.
Our capacity for intense imagination while awake or asleep allows us to feel and believe something is really happening to us when it might not be.
Exposing our primitive technology to relentless media content is enough to send even the most grounded individual into a state of panic and alarm.
If you notice yourself feeling continuously anxious, panicky, unrested, not hungry or even intensely emotional please know that there are simple ways to change this.
- Consider winding back the exposure your brain is receiving to scary media or social media information. Find a source you identify as practical rather than sensational and limit the amount of daily check-ins.
- Social distancing can actually bring us together by deliberately setting intentions to connect responsibly. Access technology to audio or video chat with people you enjoy and really listen to them by doing only one thing at a time. If you are chatting or interacting put all other devices away. Find fun things to do via technology like cards, stories, Netflix etc.
- Now more than ever find ways to treat your mind and body to wellness through meals. We are giving ourselves a message that we matter when we cook good nutritious food.
- If you have access to green space, a yard or a deck get outside and jump around or dance, take a walk or ride your bike following distancing guidelines.
- Volunteer to help in your neighbourhood where you can even via remote options.
- Start your day looking at or listening to something that makes you happy.
- Take time to just be…. give everything else a rest.
Financial uncertainty should not be a barrier to support during this exceptional time. I am offering flexible rates to be discussed individually to help you through this.
My goal is to help my clients develop the life that they want to have. Whether it is to resolve anxiety, create wonderful relationships, achieve peak performance, reduce stress or achieve their ideal weight Jill combines evidence-based cognitive and mind-body therapies with her effective straightforward approach to help you reach your goals.