A growing number of studies find that proximity to plants and green space improves mental health and a sense of well being.
Here are 5 ways to incorporate nature into your busy life.
1. Bring plants that make you feel centred and peaceful into your work space.
2. Take breaks throughout your day to visually connect with the outdoors even if it is a quick walk around the block or eating your lunch outside when the weather permits.
3. Stop by a park on the way home and have a stroll taking in the sights and sounds.
4. If you have a choice to have an office with a window look for a view of anything green.
5. Find a CD with birds, waves or other nature sounds to play for yourself and find a fragrance that reminds you of the outdoors.