Since our mind and body are connected what we eat or drink can impact how we feel. If you know anyone who suffers with anxiety please share my top five food/drinks to avoid.
1. Coffee. Caffeine is a drug called a sympathomimetic which means it mimics the effect of the sympathetic nervous system which feels like the fight or flight response. Many clients describe the feelings as a “panic attack”.
2. Tea. Tea has a similar composition with the active ingredient called Theophylline while a bit milder still can trigger similar effects as caffeine.
3. Milk Chocolate or Dark. Chocolate contains caffeine and can contribute to anxious panicky feelings.
4. Sugar. Sugar quickly spikes your blood sugar level and can cause you tell feel agitated, tense and out of your body and also can feel similar to some people as anxiety.
5. Energy drinks. Energy drinks are filled with caffeine and sugar and give you a double whammy.
If you have been feeling panicky, tense or anxious and eat or drink anything listed above try removing them from your diet and see how you feel.