Workplace stress is often connected to emotional and physical symptoms. Could your symptoms be related to a workplace where you feel under appreciated, overworked or without any control to improve or change things?
Do you experience any of these emotional symptoms on a regular basis?
1. Depression-lack of energy, feeling of hopelessness, overall sadness.
2. Anxiety or Panic-feeling like you need to flee a situation, feeling uncomfortable in your stomach or chest, or a feeling like you are floating outside of your body.
3. Engaging in unhealthy behaviours on a regular basis or binge basis like overeating, drinking too much, gambling, shopping, exercising too much or using drugs.
4. Do these symptoms seem to get worse on a Sunday night?
5. When you have extended breaks from work do these symptoms diminish or disappear?
If you answer yes to either 1-3 and then 4 or 5, you might be experiencing work stress related symptoms.